Saturday 3 May 2014

Mother's Day Card

I've been meaning to post something for a while, but my head is all over the place.  Still happily in denial, but still a tad concerned about the day that will bite me in the butt!  Anyhow, I thought I would post something unrelated to my current journey, but in the spirit of Mother's Day.  As I have mentioned, I teach the wonderful age of 4/5 year olds - each year we make a gift and card for Mother's Day.  Last year we planted up some flowers and made a strawberry card, this year I used a gift idea from a colleague and adapted it to suit my need for "sparkly" things (I will post the photos etc for that later).  As for the card, I searched high and low on the internet and found a few things, but they weren't just right!  Once again I adapted and made the following which I'm perfectly happy with.



The bees are made with the student's thumbprints, and then stripes, eyes, antennae, wings, legs, and stingers are added!  I have actually added an additional black stripe onto each been and I have noticed that the "bobbles" are missing from the top of one bee's antennae, and the other is missing everything - whoops!  I will make another bee and take a close up picture that I will add at a later date.  The words inside the card are entirely up to you, but as a Christian preschool, we will be using "God blessed me the day he made you my Mom" with the Bible verse "Philippians 1:3" at the bottom...I challenge you to go and look it up.

The flowers were lifted with small foam sticky tabs just to give some depth to the card - I'm sure it will look equally as good were it flat!

I will post again later with our Mother's Day flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I do read them all!