Monday 21 April 2014

On The Up!

So today is on the up - although if you're talking roller-coaster metaphors, the up part is the hardest for the train, and you know when you get to the top you're in for a hell of a ride (and the potential to lose your stomach contents)!  Hmmmm, I think I like that analogy.  Either way you look at it, today is a good day which is a nice change from previous days.

I have had a wonderfully productive day so far despite it being 10am only.  I have booked my little guy's birthday party (at somewhere other than our house to eliminate the need for cleaning up!), organised his birthday present (although I'm not sure he's going to appreciate the fact that he will have to wait until we return from England/Spain to get it), and made my to-do list for the day - lesson planning, cleaning, general odds and sods.  I have also spoken to my mum which was abruptly terminated thanks to her bladder...I'm sure she will appreciate me announcing that to the world, but if you've been reading her blog about being caught with her pants (and we aren't speaking North American version) down and bum up in an aeroplane loo, you will know why I'm sure that she'll be okay with it!!!  For those of you who wish to read this post (I'm warning you, it's fairly graphic), head over to THIS page!  The story you are looking for is half way down the page under back to the journey then...

Oh and I ordered some clotted cream - I knew there was a good reason why I am so happy!  Mum is posting a recipe for scones on our personal page, and then I'm all set as I have my homemade cherry jam to go with it all!!

Now today was good, yesterday not so good.  Despite it being an amazing day in terms of Christianity, it was bittersweet as I was aware in some ways that yesterday was the last Easter Mum would have...there really are no words to describe how that feels.  Hollow is one that may lead you in the correct general direction.  My solution to feeling down?  I bake!  Yesterday I was responsible for providing the pudding/desert for our family Easter meal, so because of my mood, I had big plans!  I spent from the time I woke up, to the time we went to supper (minus an hour when we all went for lunch) baking!  I made a dirt pie for the children, and a trifle for the adults.  As it turned out the kids had the dirt pie as planned, and the adults had the dirt pie AND the trifle.  In my Father-in-law's case, he put the dirt pie ON TOP of the trifle...not so sure about that one!  Anyway, I will post the recipe as soon as I have written it out. 



TRIFLE

DIRT PIE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I do read them all!