Wednesday 23 April 2014

Mother's Day Meltdown


Have you ever seen a grown woman cry in Walmart??  Well all of those around me yesterday are now able to check that off their list!  The culprit?  The Mother's Day card selection.  I was passing the display when I had the bright idea that I would get Mum's Mother's Day card nice and early, and get it it there in time for the Spanish Mother's Day (May 4th), or at the very least, in time for the North American version on May 11th.  As I was standing there it hit me like a freight train that this was the last time I would be looking at these cards...that nice shell I put up started to crack.  I looked at my 8 year old daughter and said "oh honey, this is the last time I get to do this" and my tears welled up.  Well, that set my little girl off, so both of us stood there looking at this display...crying.  As it turned out the first card I picked up was perfect...I had to find a card with the right words that expressed everything, but didn't talk about the future, and didn't sound crass.  The photo shows the front of the card, but I won't share the inside as my mum is more than capable of reading this post - if you are in Walmart, I'm sure you can find it. 

Well that's my contribution for the day, but for those of you who have emailed saying that you cannot post comments, I have altered some settings so hopefully this shouldn't be a problem any more?!  After you post the comment, it will come up with a verification code that you will need to enter before it will display your comment.  I hope this helps, but thank you for the emails and texts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I do read them all!